Friday, 12 December 2014

Midsummer Flowers Poncho, Blanket and Bags

After I made my mini daisy blanket (seen here on the back of the chair in the following photo) I searched for some fairly inexpensive yarn in lots of lovely colours and ended up picking out some Stylecraft double knitting from Wool Warehouse's website.

Cuppa Crochet

I wanted to make squares with flowers and found a pattern on RoseHip's blog which I turned into a poncho and a small blanket in July and August.  With a few more balls of yarn and left over Stylecraft I even made some bags too.

After making the flower part of the square using a 4mm hook, I had to change to a 3mm hook to make the outside part of the square fit around the flower.  This was probably due to me using my 'how not to crochet' method.  I love the end results!

Cuppa Crochet

Cuppa Crochet

Cuppa Crochet

In no particular order, the colours that I used to make the poncho and blanket were: Pomegranate, Shrimp, Saffron, Citron, Candyfloss, Fondant, Meadow, Aspen, Magenta, Raspberry, Wisteria, Plum, Cloud Blue, Aster and Turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment